Posts tagged ‘convention’
With the popularity of wedding reality shows on networks like TLC and Style, weddings are in the spotlight more than ever. Here’s a brief overview of bridal stats gathered from theknot.com, Brides Magazine 2012 American Wedding Study, and weddingstats.com:
- September is the most popular month for weddings; June is second. 20% of couples get engaged in December.
- The average age of a bride is 27 and the groom is 29.
- An average guest count is 140 and the length of engagement is fourteen months.
- Blue, purple, and green are the biggest wedding colors.
- 69% of couples had there own personal wedding website. 59% of brides used Pinterest to generate and organize wedding ideas.
- The average cost of an American wedding is $27,000. New York City boasted the largest average cost of more than $65k, and Chicago was second at $53k per wedding.
- Venue accounts for approximately 50% of a wedding’s budget.
- The average cost of a bridal gown is $1355, and bridesmaids’ dresses average $145.
- In this economy–exporting may be the way to expand your products.
To sum it all up, get yourself into Pinterest, focus on September and June themes, look into exporting into China and move to New York! Okay, maybe you should stay put –where you are–and use these stats to make the most of your business. For more great resources on the wedding biz, check out my site: EvansSalesSolutions.com or BridalMarketingConcierge.com
Have a great week, and do a little of your own research on wedding trends. It can only help propel you forward. As I always say, “Knowledge plus implementation equals power.”